Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Costumes

Every year around September 1st I try to get the kids to figure out what they want to be for Halloween. It's not that I'm overly organized, far from it, it's just that I don't like to be up until the crack of dawn the night before making costumes. (though I have done that)

I try to make their costumes every year, but we have had our share of store bought ones as well.

This year my son wanted to go as some scary urban legend thing called "Slenderman" but I reminded him that he wouldn't be able to wear it it school anyway. He relented and we settled on Marty McFly from "Back to the Future."
All I needed to find was the puffy vest at the thrift shop and we would be good to go.

Here's the final result.



I made the Hover Board out of foam core and hand painted it. Unfortunately it's not functional...:)
I doubt we'll win any Comic Con cosplay contests, (say that five times fast) but I think it's quite passable for McFly.

My daughter is fascinated with penguins right now. She knew immediately what she wanted to be and I was quite happy that it was something simple to make.

Here's her final result.



The base is a black sweat suit and I added the details with felt. Easy to wear and warm for the chilly weather we are having here. She is happy with it, which makes my day.

Happy Halloween!

Danna

No comments:

Post a Comment