Monday, October 1, 2012

Different Directions

A few weeks ago my very best friend and co-author here, Kristy, sent me an email. In it she merely posted a link to a blog and said..."We can totally do this!" Like a good friend, I said "Sure, why not?" though I had no idea how to approach the subject of said blog.

The blog was VeganMoFo, a virtual library of blogs that all have to do with vegan food. Every year they collect a blog roll and the subject is Vegan Food. This year, Kristy talked me into joining and here we are.

Now let me start by saying that I am not vegan. I'm not even vegetarian, though I was for about a year in high school, if that counts. My friend Kristy is a vegetarian and has been for a long time. So she can speak to this subject more fluently than I, but I thought I'd give it a go. Who knows, maybe I can learn to live without sustenance from animals...ie CHEESE...at least for a while.

I suppose I will also have to set aside my Burt's Bees for a while, which is quite a sacrifice for me. I do love my Burt's.

I actually love vegetables, of all kinds and have no problem eating a meal consisting entirely of them, but what else is there? What is it that sets vegan food apart health and taste wise and what benefit can I gain from such a diet? That's what I hope to learn from doing this. Truth be told, I most likely won't go "full vegan" for this month, but I promise to try and I promise to write about all the amazing recipes I experiment with.

I hope you will join us and check in every so often, and leave lots of comments as we embark on the "vegan journey" for the month of October. Also, please check out the amazing list of other blogs on VeganMoFo. It's truly an astounding list. Hopefully I can keep up.

Thanks and please enjoy the rest of my crafty posts in the archives if you feel like it. :)

Now, let the vegan posts begin!!!

Danna

P.S. Just FYI... I am still writing, and editing, and querying. Have a look at an excerpt of my first finished novel and info about its sequel on my author blog.
Also, I currently do not have any jewelry listed on Etsy, so if you are interested in seeing any, visit Create on Facebook.

Thanks again!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to MoFo! So glad you're joining us, and I think it's so amazing that you are giving veganism a chance. We have a great community over at theppk.com if you want any support or help!

    xo
    kittee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! You'll have so much fun experimenting with vegan food. Just remember, avocado is nature's cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome that you are doing this! Looking forward to following along with your journey <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the encouraging comments! I'm excited to try something new, write about well...anything really, and to possibly meet some new people. Also, the healthy diet thing is a plus!

    Thanks again,
    Danna

    ReplyDelete